Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Pressreleasing.


When trying to spread information on our new Horiyoshi III book, "Ryushin", via Facebook yesterday, something odd happened. Suddenly facebook wanted me to confirm my identity by adding a mobile phone. However facebook doesn't support mobile phone carriers from Sweden so there was no way I could do that technically.
Now my option was to obtain a code so I could upload my mobile phone number anyway, but in order to do this I have to be logge in, which is impossible since I cannot add a phone. Catch 22 indeed. I then turned to my Iphone for facebook acess, but there I can't log in either. Facebook says my username and password is incorrect (which it is not. Tried a million times). so here we are - Facebookless at the peak of our publishing efforts. One can only smile, and miss the age of the homing pigeon a little bit.

Otherwise the day has been spent mailing out pressreleases to tattoo magazines. Quite a mindnumbing task after a while. Nevertheless, I pushed through, so that is taken care of as well.

So what to do now? I am preparing three sneak previews of the paintings featured in the book for tomorrows blog. Be sure to stop back for that little event as well.

/Senju


(photograph from Samukawa Jinya captured by Alex reinke, Japan april 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment